Soba Noodle Salad
Thank you to the wonderful Minna at Living Minally for this delicious recipe!
- 1/2 small head of Purple Cabbage (~.5lb)
- 1/4 lb Sugar Snap Peas, washed and trimmed
- Sunflower microgreens to garnish
- 1/4 cup Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/8 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 small Shallot, diced
- 0.5 tbsp Black Sesame
- 05 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (I used Korean Red Pepper flakes)
1. Pour rice vinegar into a small mixing bowl. While whisking rapidly, drizzle toasted sesame oil into the mixing bowl, emulsifying the oil and vinegar. Add diced shallot, sesame, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes, and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
2. Chop purple cabbage into thin slices. It’s easiest if you chop the cabbage lengthwise down the middle first, then chop like you would an onion from there. Place chopped cabbage into a large mixing bowl. Slice snap peas into thirds, and add into large mixing bowl. Drizzle dressing on top, and mix well to thoroughly coat veggies with dressing.
3. Cook soba noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse. Add soba noodles into large mixing bowl with the salad, and mix well to thoroughly coat noodles with dressing and incorporate salad. Plate, garnish with optional greens, and serve!